It has been reported that Taiwan Internal Component (IC) designers will ship almost all the ICs for the Amazon Tablets. They are expecting their sales to go rocket high in the Q3 of 2011 due to the shipments of parts for the Amazon’s 7-inch and 10-inch tablets, according to industry sources.
With Amazon targeting to ship four million tablet PCs in 2011, IC orders from Amazon have become the second largest order from the tablet PC sector, trailing only the iPad, the sources indicated.
The sources also stated that the presence of Taiwan IC suppliers will improve their presence in the tablet area and strengthen their competition against international IC companies later on.
List of Internal Component suppliers for the Amazon Tablets :
- Touch Panels : Wintek, J Touch, Chunghwa Picture Tubes (CPT), TPK Holding
- CPU : Nvidia
- Touch Controller ICs : ILI Technology
- LCD driver ICs : Novatek Microelectronics
- Ambient Light Sensors : Capella Microsystems (Taiwan), Sitronix Technology
- Power management ICs : Richtek Technology, Global Mixed-code Technology
- Gravity sensors : Sitronix
Source : Industry Sources, Via : DigiTimes